The Hunt for SSR Tennis Nozomi

Hello everyone and welcome back to Tiro Finale for a long awaited return to School Idol Festival. Ever since we put a halt to SIF Coverage sometime in July, there has not been much coverage of the popular rhythm game on Tiro Finale. Nevertheless, that does not mean yours truly has not been diligently spending his LP, ranking in events and saving those precious Love Gems. So when the time finally came to make a big scout, you can best be sure that I was ready with a big stock pile of gems. 

This time around, the goal of this hunt was the newly released SSR Tennis Nozomi which I had been eyeing for many months ever since her release on the Japanese server. Being a Super Super Rare member, the odds were a fair deal higher than the ridiculous UR's 1% chance. As such, my goal was to get two copies of Tennis Nozomi within 6 times of 11 scouts. Would I make it? Read on to find out!

The first scout and things are off to an interesting start with 2 SRs pulled in the first 11 Scout. These two were an SR Birthstone Umi and the set's SR Tennis Nico. While the SR Umi did come as a welcome surprise, the SR Nico was to be expected granted I scouted during the promotional period.

The second set of 11 scouts yielded roughly the same results as the first set with another two SR(s) drawn from this lot. Only this time, SR Dancer Maki has been added into the mix. I am all for new SR members but, I often leave solitary members in the Present Box until I obtain a second copy and this was my first for this Maki. 

Now with two identical SR Tennis Nico(s), I would be able to idolize her without the use of stickers. Not that it was a reason for concern to begin with as we will soon find out.

Third set of 11 scout(s) and I finally managed to pull the SSR Tennis Nozomi! The joy was only complemented by two other SR(s) in the draw. The SR Tennis Nico was to be expected by this point, making it my third copy. The SR Flower Bouquet Nozomi though, came as a total surprise! Two new Nozomi(s) for the price of a single pull.

My luck seemed to continue with the fourth set of 11 scout(s) proving to my best scout thus far with one SSR and four SR(s). Not a single UR in sight but, the SSR Hanayo was certainly a pleasing addition. Moreover, this also marked the second copy of my SR Dancer Maki, fourth and fifth copy of SR Tennis Nico and second copy of SR Birthstone Umi. 

And all of sudden that luck seemed to vanish entirely as the fifth set of 11 scout(s) went back to yielding two SR(s). By now, I was starting to get a little weary of the SR Tennis Nico with this pull yielding the sixth copy. The SR Pajamas Party Honoka while new, did not excite me too much knowing I was nearing the limit of my pulls.

On the sixth and final 11 scout(s), I seemed to do better but, alas, Nozomi was nowhere to be seen. Oddly enough of the three SR(s) that I did receive one was the SR Pajamas Party Honoka which meant that I was now able to idolize her. Another Pure SR Nico was added to into the mix too. Rather than the usual Tennis set, this time it was the SR Moon Viewing Nico which originally came from an event. The other was an SR Idol Outfit Eli, a first for me. 

With my quota of Love Gems used up, I decided it was time to dig into my Green Scouting Ticket reserves that I have been saving up for. These do not often yield much but, at this point, anything would be better than nothing. A few Rare pulls in and the first SR appears. Unsurprisingly, it is Nico making it the seventh copy. 

A few more pulls in and I manage to obtain a Nozomi. Albeit being only an SR, I have always been a fan of the Little Devil set and this marked my second copy of her. 

Yet again, more SR Tennis Nico. The eighth copy this time as hope was gradually becoming all but loss. 

Within three Green Scouting Coupon pulls, I received two SR Tennis Nico. If anything the game, really wanted me to have this Nico. That marks the ninth copy, in case you loss count. 

With only two more Green Scouting Tickets remaining, I begrudgingly hit the "Scout Again" button only to be greeted by a Rare Envelope. For a split-second I notice something off as a rush of excitement courses through my veins as the envelope begins to spin converting into a UR envelope. 

In it was UR Little Devil Umi and my first ever UR for Umi and also the first ever time I have obtained a UR from a single pull. As the excitement slowly wore off, the realization hit me that I had run out of quota of uses for both my tickets and gems. Yet, there was only a single SSR Tennis Nozomi to show for it all. 


Throwing caution to the wind, I decided to put it all on the line with one more scout. 50 Love Gems down the pipeline as I waited nervously for the results. As the second envelope revealed itself, I was beyond ecstatic when I saw what it was. Finally, Nozomi has come home! By this point, I was already numb to the following cards which turned out to be even more SR Tennis Nico. The eleventh and twelfth copy, in fact. An SR Christmas Kotori decided to join the fray too making her my second copy despite the "New" designation. 
 
Exactly 350 Love Gems later, I have managed to obtain two copies of SSR Tennis Nozomi. Honestly, if I had not received her on the "final" scout, even I could not predict what it would have come to. Would I have spent another 50 Love Gems or would I have called it quits? Either way, I am glad I do not have to find out as I slowly recuperate the precious resources spent in anticipation of the next big goal, UR Ice Cream Nozomi.

With that, we come to the end of this little SIF update. What did you think? Would you like to read more SIF content and do you have any interesting scouting stories yourself? Let me know in the comments section below. Until then, thank you so much for reading and have yourself a wonderful day ahead!

Comments

Popular Posts