Chiba Days #16 - Fruit Punch Fanta

Hello everyone and welcome to another chapter of Chiba Days as I scour the Kanto Region for all the weird and wonderful things it has to offer. As a self-professed Fanta Fan (see what I did there?), I always make it a point to try out as many flavors as I can wherever I may be. 

Unlike other carbonated beverages, what makes Fanta so unique is that its flavors vary according to season and country. And if you are a fan of this fizzy beverage, then Japan is a haven for you as it is home to one of the most varieties of Fanta flavors in the world. Take for example, this Fruit Punch Fanta that I stumbled upon at an unassuming vending machine just the other day. 

Walking past the vending machine, the can's bright pink color together with the unmistakable Fanta logo immediately called out to my attention. Seeing as it was only 100 Yen and having not tried this flavor before, it was a no-brainer decision for me to get my hands on this cold fizzy drink. 

The Fruit Punch Fanta is actually a combination of five different fruit flavors into a single Fanta. From the illustration, I was able to make out the cherries, apple and oranges. But, the remaining twow fruits remain quite a mystery to me. 

Flip the can over to the other side and you have the Japanese version of the Fanta logo written in Katakana script. Next to it, the description of the drink's flavor, "Fruit Punch".

Being sealed in a can, I had absolutely no idea how the contents would look like until I poured it into a glass. Turns out it looked rather like sparkling grape juice with its deep red color. The funny thing is, the majority of people who drink this probably would not know what color it is because of the opaque can. 

Together with a literal big bag of chips and Eli-chi by my side, it was snack time! The Fruit Punch Fanta is certainly a unique flavor with the apples and oranges being the most pronounced flavor with a hint of cherry. I still do not know what the other two flavors are. While the drink was certainly light and fruity, perhaps the combination of one too many fruits meant it did not taste particularly memorable unlike the White Peach or Blood Orange flavors. 

Nevertheless, it was certainly a unique experience. Today's post has been a little out of the ordinary but, if you did enjoy it, do let me know and I will make sure to write up more posts similar to this. Until the next time, thank you so much for reading and have yourself a wonderful day ahead!

Comments

  1. Is there any way to get this drink in the states? I've been missing it since my days in Japan...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unless there is someone who specifically imports them then, no. As these flavours are often unique to Japan.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts