MyAnimeList Ratings


In light of my recent article about Shirobako, I should point out something that I wrote. If you haven't read the article, I recommend you read it first.

At the end of the article, I mentioned that I rated Shirobako 10/10. It got me thinking that while I talk about a lot of different shows (somewhat different), I haven't actually mentioned all the 10/10 shows I've rated over the years. So, what better way than to put them here right now!


Keep in mind that I've used "myanimelist" for this and I've only started using it less than a year ago. I've also not added old, childhood shonen animes into this like One Piece because well, the anime isn't very good for it. But since One Piece rates 10/10 in my mangas list, it would be a waste to lower the score for the anime portion.

I've tried giving each series a suitable score based on what I remember of them and how their stories affect me now but do keep in mind that tastes are different and not scoring a 10/10 doesn't mean they're bad.

At the start, I've already mentioned Shirobako receiving the 10/10 award. Read the article I've linked if you want to know why I rated it such.


Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari and the Monogatari Series: Second Season are all rated 10/10. As you guys may or may not know, I am a big Monogatari fan and while not all of the shows stick with me, as you can tell, many of it still do. The series is great, I've even put up three articles for your inevitable progression into a Monogatari addict.


KonoSuba and KonoSuba Season 2 are also on the 10/10 list. I have numerous articles on the series including discussions about each season 2 episode and almost every light novel volume. This shouldn't be a surprise at all. Type KonoSuba into the search bar and you can see that 99% of the articles are by me.


Following from KonoSuba, another God-like, 10/10 comedy in the anime section comes in the form of Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun. I fell in love with this when I watched it and I love the manga just as much. It's a brilliant parody of the shoujo genre. It's funny that my two loved comedy animes are simply parodies of other anime genres.

Steins;Gate did what I did not expect; it told me an interesting and satisfying time travel story. I never could get into time travel stories because they're usually riddled with paradoxes and Steins;Gate, while it can be picked apart, avoids that trope for the most part. I enjoyed it and gave it a perfect 10/10 for doing just that. You can read my article on it here.

Digimon Adventure Tri: Kokuhaku is the third Digimon Adventure Tri movie and really hits home for me. It captures what Digimon was always about without being too pretentious about it. It hits nostalgia without shoving it into your face. I rated it a 10/10 not because it was my childhood but because it successfully continued what it did 10 years ago.


Finally (yes, I've already reached the last one), I rated Fullmetal Alchemist and the Brotherhood remake a 10/10. The reason why these two are up here is a little iffy. I watched the first anime and fell in love with it. I thought the idea of equivalent exchange in alchemy was brilliant and I still stand by my statement. The plot became washed out towards the end but Brotherhood reignited that flame. I never really watched Brotherhood I have to admit, but I did read enough of it to get to the meat of everything. All in all, I rated the series a 10/10 based on what I understood from it (which is quite a hefty load, even without the roaring emotions of the second half of the plot) and what I got from it was that it's a brilliant tale that can certainly win the test of time.

Persona 4: The Animation gets a special mention here as I love the game. So it's an auto perfect. I have yet to watch the Persona 3 Movie Trilogy so I can't rate that perfect yet. You can guarantee it'll get that score though.


Now, I want to reiterate that just because I rated shows like Rurouni Kenshin or Dusk Maiden of Amnesia a 9/10, it doesn't mean these shows are bad at all. I rate things differently for different shows depending on what I got and wanted from it. I've also forgotten my roaring emotions of classic shows so I'm bound to be more critical of them.

What's a 10/10 for you then?

Comments

Popular Posts