Diving into Kancolle


It's about time I got into Kantai Collection otherwise known as Kancolle. When I say that, I mean the international community. We basically can't play the game but through watching the anime and countless wiki searches, we have an idea of the franchise as a whole.

Honestly, I was a little wary going into it not because I suspected it was bad but because I didn't want to end up constantly showering my favourite fleet girl with affection. In other words, I was afraid I might get caught up in the fandom.

Now that I think about it, that thinking was leaning towards that of the extreme side of the fandom. I like the franchise and I find myself talking about it but without the need to fixate on any one fleet girl over excessively. In this instance, I might even say I was wrong in assuming that the fandom had an extreme side at all and that everything from my perspective was filtered by my premeditation of the fandom to begin with.


Anyways, I've recently watched the first season of the anime and went on the wiki for an extensive period of time. I can say that I do indeed like the franchise. I don't appreciate everything about it but it's good enough. I like the way they depict some of the series' concept like the sea travel and the aircraft carriers. I also like how the characters vary depending on the ships they're based on and they can be called sisters when in fact, they are sister ships. Now, I'm not a ship person but it's still pretty cool to see these sort of things.

I've read the mechanics of the game and I must say that it looks solid enough for a browser game. There are so many things to consider and so many things to look at. Each wai--girl....each girl comes fully voiced and while some are definitely better over others, they each come with a whole chain of things to say. More often than not, they do so pretty generic things but it's a feature that at least, makes things feel a little different with every switch of the flagship.


Besides that, did you know the franchise has loads of doujins? You did? Well then, that brings us to the end of the discussion. Oh? Who my favourite fleet girl is? Well, I can pick a few from all the available ladies from the game but really, if we're talking about just the anime, all I have to say to that is...

BURNING LOVE~~!!

Comments

Popular Posts