Top Anime of the Year 2016


The year is ending and it's time to declare the top anime of the year! I've watched quite a few and honestly, there have been some amazing ones and some....more lacking ones. So first, here is the list of anime I have watched in no order whatsoever:

Mayoiga
Dimension W
Bungou Stray Dogs
Sansha Sanyou
Amaama to Inazuma
Sakamoto desu ga?
Kizumonogatari I: Tekketsu-hen (This is a movie, so it's an honorable mention)
ReLIFE
Oshiete! Galko-chan
Ooyasan wa Shishunki!
Dagashi Kashi
Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru!
Digimon Adventure tri. 2: Ketsui (This is a movie, so it's an honorable mention)
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar
Digimon Adventure tri. 3: Kokuhaku (This is a movie, so it's an honorable mention)
Boku no Hero Academia
Flying Witch
New Game!
Kuma Miko
Musaigen no Phantom World
Mob Psycho 100
Ojisan to Marshmallow
Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?
Koyomimonogatari
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
Kiznaiver
Durarara!!x2 Ketsu (This is a continuation of a series, so it's an honorable mention)
Anne Happy
Tawawa on Monday
Girlish Number
Keijo!!!!!!!!
Kiitarou Shounen no Youkai Enikki
Nanbaka
Long Riders!
WWW.Working!!
Occultic;Nine

Total: 38

Out of the 38 above, only one can claim the throne and if you guys know me, you know what my pick is. But first, which anime would I consider to be up there with the best?



New Game, ReLIFE, Galko-chan, My Hero Academia and Flying Witch are all great contenders. Each brought their own personality to the table and honestly, comparing them doesn't do any of them justice. WWW.Working and Occultic;Nine are also newer entries that are great in their own right.


I can, however, choose some of the animes which didn't live up to my expectation. Phantom World, Dimension W, Stray Dogs and Mayoiga were all disappointing. I understand that most people have said that Stray Dogs actually gets good towards the end but the starting was bad enough to force me to quit. So, for that anime, it's possible that it really is good and I just didn't give it a fair trial. The rest though, they were disappointing. Kuma Miko is an anime which was good all the way up to the ending which kind of destroys what the previous 11 episodes did. I didn't like that at all.



In the list, you can also find the decently rated animes by most other people in the community. Grimgar, Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru!, Dagashi Kashi and Mob Psycho 100 are just some of those. They were fun to watch and relaxing as well with a cup of joe in the morning. Overall, I would say this year gave a good selection of shows.

But there can only be ONE that will reign over them all. And my pick for anime of the year is none other than KonoSuba! 



This anime is, as I've described before, a God-tier in the comedy genre and comes equipped with incredible voice acting, great characters, quirky animations and an overall excellent journey. Just to add some statistics to this, KonoSuba is also the best selling light novel of this year (if you don't count the novelisation of Kimi no Nawa), the third best selling anime of the year (behind Koyomimonogatari and Love Live! Sunshine!!) and the second most anticipated sequel of next year (behind Gintama). Obviously, the top spots are God-tier contenders in their own right and considering KonoSuba kind of just boomed from the anime release, I'd say that's a job well done.

So that's it! That's the list of anime I've watched and that's my pick for the best. Some would agree with me and some will disagree. But whatever your opinion is, let me know! Have a great 2017!

And remember to always follow Megumin!



Comments

Popular Posts