My (very) Anime Introduction

Hi everyone! I am one of the contributing writers towards this blog. Quite contrary to the big boss himself, I was only born into the world of figurines and collectibles not long ago so my knowledge regarding that area can be quite penurious. I am, however, an avid fan of anime and video games and as they say, you should play your strengths.


If you knew me in real life, you will know that I watch anime religiously. Now, this is not to be confused with perpetually. I watch anime everyday but only during meals or when I do have the time. Most of the anime I am currently watching are newly released series' for this season such as Hai to Tensou no Grimgar and Musaigen no Phantom World (Myriad Colors Phantom World). That's not to say I don't catch up on previously released gems like Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? (Is the Order a Rabbit?) and Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun (My Little Monster). I also don't shy away from more... risque anime(s) like Shinmai Maou no Testament (The Testament of Sister New Devil). That being said however, I can be quite picky in what I do watch.


As a child, I bore interest in only shonen anime like One Piece and Naruto but with almost every good shonen, the series can get extremely stretched out. Now, I still love that genre (One Piece is my all-time favorite series ever) but as I grow older, I find time slipping away from me ever quicker. So, for shows like that, I tend to switch to the manga to hasten things up. This proved beneficial for series' like Attack on Titan and Shokugeki no Soma.


Only for unlicensed and untranslated light novels or otherwise inaccessible manga(s) do I think it's worth investing time into watching the anime. ESPECIALLY when they usually come with beautiful art and animation styles. The avant-garde of the Monogatari Series anyone?


Now, I can talk all day about the different genres I watch, what animation quality piques my interest the most and ultimately why I enjoy anime more than live action but that's beside the point. I was supposed to introduce myself and I thought the best way to do that was to showcase my interests.


What about video games? Well, I guess that's a story for another day. Keep in mind though that you can probably see me geeking out here over Persona 5 with the release of the next trailer.

Until next time!

Comments

Popular Posts