Tokyo Haul

What's a better way to end the year than a quick trip to Tokyo for some figure shopping? None that I could think of and so, that's exactly what I did. While I didn't have many things on my figure wishlist, a quick visit to Akiba quickly changed that. First up was one of my favorite shops, Kotobukiya. Warm, relatively large and with a large collection, it was always a must go place for me. This time around they had a little area dedicated to Super Sonico! You could imagine my excitement when I found out they were selling the latest Sonico Kuji and in a bundle no less.

Some thinking and 7,000 Yen later, it was mine! A Prize together with several other smaller prizes that comprised the Kuji. It may have been a lot but, no regrets here.
 
Next up a quick visit to Cospa's store, a surprisingly small store that it really easy to miss. From there, I finally go my Mami-ca! A card holder of sorts with its main intention being to hold your IC card, think Suica or Pasmo.
 
500 Yen lost in the arcade, I knew there was no way I was going to win it cheap. Fortunately, Culture Zone in Akiba was just the place to find these arcade prizes. Lower floor shops sold Nozomi's bobble head for as much as 2,500 Yen but, a few floors I managed to find one for 1,400 Yen. Remember, always browse around first.
 
A few other arcade prize figures later and I was off. This time to Bic Camera. Yeap, that's right. Don't let the name fool you especially if you're foreign to Japan. Bic Camera, Yodobashi Camera, Yamada Denki and Sofmap are all great places to find hobby related goods. Even with the rarer things like these Little Armory weapons for Figma figures. Great find!
 
The Love Live Nendoroids had just been re-released by Good Smile Company and I took the opportunity to grab Eli. I missed her earlier in the initial release period but, now I have her. She's going to look great next to Nozomi!

Finally, I had to get the Blu-Ray release of the Love Live movie. Despite the hefty price tag, it was well worth it especially for the special edition. Not only did you get the chance to join the lottery for the final live, there were a tonne of other bonuses plus, fantastic packaging.

There were several other goodies that I didn't document such as the super adorable Bebe cushion of my two new Sonico arcade figures. All in all, the haul this time was relatively small but, no less rewarding. Well, that's all for now. Thanks so much for reading and once again, have a great day ahead!

Comments

Popular Posts