Figure Wishlist #03

Figure Wishlist #03 - Supe Sonico Swimsuit Version

It's been a while since I did a "Figure Wishlist" segment largely in part because no figure has excited me so much till I found the urge to post about it. Sure there was the Nendoroid version of Eli and Nozomi or even the upcoming Magiccraft Mami but, those were all natural progressions that came very much expected. There hadn't been anything that surprised me in a while and overcome with me with urge that can only be described as "want".

Until today. A quick daily check on Good Smile Company's website lead to this gem of a find! It's the latest Sonico figure by FREEing as part of the S-style lineup of figurines. Quickly overshadowed by the simultaneously announced Figma Link, I too would have easily not noticed this stealthy addition.

But, enough about me gushing about a new Sonico figurine. What's there to know about it? Well, for starters it's the third announced figure from GSC's latest S-style lineup of figures which are meant to be small and stylish hence, the name S-style. While it's definitely stylish, it's pretty small to standing at a measly 1/12 scale or approximately 145 mm in height. 


I was initially bummed out about the relatively small scale but, immediately felt better when I found out that FREEing was in charge of both manufacturing and sculpting. I've mentioned this in my earlier reviews and it's worth mentioning again that FREEing is by far one of my favorite (group of) sculptors.
They've done a fantastic job with both Mami and Sonico in the past and I'm really looking forward to see how the figure looks in real life. As far as pictures go, it looks fantastic! I especially like how FREEing sticks to the original design proportions of Sonico by Santa Tsuji.

Due for release in May 2016, she's up for pre-order now and will set you back 2,759 Yen. Other things worth noting, is that the figure does have some degree of hand painting. 
Also, the entire figure can be disassembled into smaller bits. I suppose this is to help with smaller packaging as well as easier packing. 

Well, I can't wait to get my hands on this new Sonico figure and I say that in earnest as I haven't really had the urge to get any other Sonico figure for a while now. What about you, are you interested or does Sonico just not interest you? 

Either way, thanks so much for reading and make sure to check out Good Smile Company's product page for Sonico. All image credits goes there. Finally, hope you have a fantastic day ahead!

Comments

Popular Posts