All I Want for Christmas

While everyone might be rushing to secure their pre-order of Nendoroid Umaru. There's one other thing that GSC opened for pre-order today that has me much much more excited. That's right, Figma Tsugumori! The titular Type 17 Garde from the earlier arcs of Sidonia no Kishi (Knights of Sidonia). If the previous line hasn't already made it clear enough, I am indeed a huge fan of the Sidonia series.

Of course, this isn't the first merchandise iteration of Tsugumori with the plastic model having launched much earlier. Nevertheless, this is the first Tsugumori to truly impress me. The proportions are spot on and the matte white finish, if the promotional materials are anything to go by, is perfect.
 
Another benefit of being a Figma is undoubtedly joint strength. Model kits with thin frames often have pitfall in joint strength but, I'm hoping the Figma version can overcome that. After all, the Figma mostly features human characters too with thin frames.
 
Aside from the kabi spear and arm blades, Tsugumori also comes with the ballistic acceleration device. You know, that long gun-like thing it's holding. All of that plus the mech totals to a cost of 8,333 Yen. A very steep price tag indeed.

Fortunately, for me, Tsugumori is only released in November 2015 which means there's more than enough time to save up for it. If you're thinking, "Hold on! 7,333 Yen is too much for Nendoroid Yamato but, this is 1,000 Yen more and that's alright?". Well, I guess I'll just have to reiterate what I said earlier, I'm a really big fan of Sidonia no Kishi. Next to Gundam, this has to be one of my all time favorite mecha series and the love for mecha is something deep-rooted in me.

Until then, thanks for listening to yet another of my little rant and have a fantastic day everyone!

All photo credits go to Good Smile Company. More information can be obtained from their website here

Comments

Popular Posts