March Haul

March has been a great month so far with 6 new figures being added to the collection. In total, five Sonico(s) and the illusive Beach Queens Mami. The best part is, I didn't have to spend too much either as all of these figures are on the affordable side save Mami. So, what's new to the collection?

From the left, there are two new arcade prize Super Sonico(s), the Magician and Winter version both by Taito. While, the Winter version hasn't exactly been on my wishlist, the Magician one has been and I've been trying to get my hands on it for a while now. Finally got it!

Moving towards the middle, there's the Nanorich Sonico and Beach Queens Mami. What's unique about the Nanorich Sonico is that the pedestal "speaks" and plays five of Sonico's signature lines, one at at time of course. Proportions wise, I'd say it looks like a cross between GSC's Nendoroid and Kotobukiya's Cu-Poche.
 
Now for the Mami figure that I've been looking to add to my collection for a while now, the original Beach Queens Mami. This one is particularly sought after as it is the "Special Version" coming with the addition of Charlotte. Prior to this, I wasn't a big fan of this particular sculpt as the pose and swimsuit felt out of character for Mami but, the inclusion of Charlotte ultimately made me get it.

Lastly, there's the two other Sonico(s) on the right by FuRyu, the Hot Day version on the top and Snack Time version on the top. They both cost me about 1000 Yen each and for their scale, I find that extremely good value even if the finish isn't as good. The best part is, they're still pretty common and can be found easily at this price.

Alright, that has been a quick look at my figure haul for the month of March. April promises to be an interesting one with very special figures of Mami coming in then. Until then, have a great day everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts